Thursday, July 2, 2009

Algonquin Park Getting there.
Well our day finally arrived. We have about a 500 mile drive from Ohio. We where headed up to Huntsville Ontario the day before our canoe trip for a good nights rest and some local food. Most of the drive was the normal highway senery. We crossed into Canada at the Peace bridge then faught traffic as we made our way north. On the way we stopped at the Famous Webers Grill for a late lunch. The food was good after a long day of driving. Webers is the true fast food restraunt. I was amazed at the speed of the cooking and serving. But I guess if that's all you did every day it would become second nature to you. We got back on our way heading for huntsville.

Huntsville not a large town so it didn't take us long to find our hotel. After checking in we headed downtown for some siteseeing.

Huntsville is a quaint little town with a small town charm. We walked down by the river and visited a few local stores. One of them being Algonquin Outfitters where we pick up a few last minute items and chatted with the employees about our trip. We also had to stop at Canadian Tire. Now thats a Mans store. Heck they even sell headers for your car or truck if you need them plus a lot of camping and fishing items. My son was impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great...! I like this place very much and two weeks before I went there with my friends. It was really a great trip. We stayed in an Algonquin park lodge, and enjoyed there for week. I really miss this place now. Your article makes me to remember those days. Thanks a lot.